Sixty-seven long years have passed since the Korean War. As relations between North and South Korea grow more difficult and North Korea’s nuclear threats increase, prayer is urgently needed above all at this time. We believe that in the midst of all this, God has a wonderful plan for the lost people of North Korea. Here is an overview of a few of the ministries you can support:
1. Ministries for North Korean refugees~Shelter ministries for North Korean refugees are taking place near the border of North Korea. One missionary was martyred for this ministry, but his wife is continuing this ministry. Prayers are needed for safety and fruit above all.
2. Ministry of food aid for North Korean children~A unique ministry of food aid for children is taking place through the cooperation of various organizations. As we hear in the news, many North Korean children are suffering from hunger, so prayer is needed for funds for this humanitarian food distribution for children.
3. Project to rebuild Korea Evangelical Holiness (KEHC) churches in North Korea~Before the Korean War, there were 134 KEHC churches in North Korea. So, local South Korean churches are being matched with them to raise resources to rebuild these 134 churches when unification comes. Prayers are needed for the fundraising strategy for this project.
4. Ministries for North Korean defectors~Prayers are needed for more denominational support and interest in the youth and educational ministries for North Korean defectors being carried out through the cooperation of Sarangnaru and One Mission Society.
5. North Korea Missions Committee~Through the activities of the North Korea Missions Committee, various forums and seminars are being held for North Korea and unification missions, as well as prayer networks, financial support, and participation in North Korea missions are being mobilized. Prayer is needed for more expert workers to participate in this ministry.
If you would like to donate to this ministry, please give here.
By Rev. Dr. Johnny J.H. Song, KEHC Missions Department Director